Charge 4 AA rechargeable batteries at 200mA charge rate with this solar panel.
These PowerFilm flexible solar modules can be used alone to direct-power your small DC project (anything that runs off 7.2V or less and requires 200mA of current or less) - or, they can be used in your battery-charger project to store energy for later use.
BATTERY-CHARGING TIPS For battery charging, the voltage of your solar panel MUST be higher than the voltage of the battery that you want to charge. We recommend using the following guidelines:
- at least 2.0 volts to charge one 1.2 volt battery
- at least 3.6 volts to charge two 1.2 volt batteries wired in series
- at least 4.8 volts to charge three 1.2 volt batteries wired in series
- at least 6.0 volts to charge four 1.2 volt batteries wired in series. Multiple panels can be wired together to increase voltage or current, and the panels can be cut (following directions!) for your special project. Each module is encapsulated in 3 mil clear polyester film. Specs:
- Output: 200mA @ 7.2V
- Open-circuit voltage: 10.5V
- Total size: 10" X 5.9"
- Total solar cell area: 9.5" X 5.9"
- Total thickness: 0.61mm (24 mil)
- Weight: 0.8 oz
Optional: Let us solder 6" wires to the panels. Additional $2 per panel. OEM manufacturers and others requiring quantity pricing please contact us.