Two rugged, lightweight and waterproof solar panels combine to output 7 Watts at either 6 or 12 Volts. Paired with a 4,000mAh USB battery, this systems is great for phones or digital cameras. Keep the panels loose or attach to any thin material to build your own solar charger.
2 x 3.5 Watt Panels and Circuit Box +
- V15 USB Battery
- USB to MicroUSB Charging Cable - charges V15 battery from any USB port or charges devices with MicroUSB input
Size and Weight
- Solar Panels: 8.7 x 8.3 x 0.2 in (22 x 21x 0.5cm), Battery: 4 x 4.25 x 0.75 in (10.4 x 10.7 x 0.19 cm)
- 1.1 pound (500g) including battery and solar panels
Solar Panel Output
- Monocrystalline cells - 19% efficient
- Open Circuit Voltage: 7.0V
- Peak Voltage: 6.0V (switchable to 12V, current is divided in half)
- Peak Current: 1.16A
- Peak Current: 7 Watts
Solar Panel Construction
- Urethane coating
- 3mm Aluminum/Plastic composite substrate
Panel Mounting and Cables
- 4 screws on back corners of each panel allow multiple mounting options
- Output cables are 8.5 inches, 22cm long and connect to circuit box and V15 battery
V15 USB Battery
- Capacity: 4,000mAh, 15 Watt Hours
- Output: 5V/1A
- Input: 5-6V, 1A
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Over Temperature
- DC Input to Charge Battery
- USB Output
- Power Button to Activate USB Output
- Charge Indicator
- Charges all USB Devices including all Apple, Android and Blackberry smartphones.
- Charges all tablets that are powered by USB including Apple iPads and Samsung Tablets. Will not charge tablets that charge at 12 or 16 Volts.
- Digital Cameras:
- Charges both DSLRs and cameras that charge from USB. For DSLRs, optional camera charger cradle that matches your camera battery is required. Read our tutorial on solar camera charging.